Arielle Kirven of Weston, who is an eighth-grade student at Convent of the Sacred Heart, an independent, all-girls school in Greenwich, will compete in April at the statewide level of the National Geographic Bee. Arielle won her school's recent competition for the National Geographic Bee, according to Kathy Failla.
The following local students have been named to the Marist College Dean's List for the fall 2012 semester:
- Stephen Beres, of Redding, is a member of the Class of 2015 and is majoring in psychology.
- Cydney Cote, of Weston, is a member of the Class of 2013 and is majoring in psychology.
- Lauren Garner, of Weston, is a member of the Class of 2015 and is majoring in public relations.
The following local students have achieved Dean's Honors, a recognition for students who have earned a grade point average of at least 3.65, or dean's high Honors, a recognition for students who have earned a grade point average of at least 3.78, for the 2012 fall semester at Connecticut College:
- Bradley DeMarco of Weston; Class of 2016; high honors
- Emily Winter of Easton; Class of 2016; honors
- James Auchincloss of Weston; Class of 2015; high honors
- Jenna Pittleman of Weston; Class of 2015; honors
- Natasha Zeid of Redding; Class of 2014; honors
- Timothy Clark of Easton; Class of 2013; high honors
Emerson College student Alexandra Bender of Redding, a writing for film and TV major, has been named to the dean's list for the Fall 2012 semester. The criterion to make Emerson's dean's list is a grade point average of 3.7 or higher.
William D. Rejeski of Redding earned dean's list honors at Saint Joseph's University for the Fall 2012 semester. Rejeski is majoring in finance.
Students must achieve a grade point average of 3.5 or above, a B or greater in all their classes, and complete at least 15 credits to earn dean's list status for a semester.
Gettysburg College students with a quality point average in the range of 3.3 to 3.599 for a semester's work are placed on the college's dean's commendation list.