Cheshire Academy announced its honor roll for the First Semester of the 2012-2013 academic school year.
Students have earned first honors with a GPA of 3.67 and above.
The following students from Colgate University were recipients of the Dean's Award for academic excellence during the 2012 fall term at Colgate University.
To be eligible for the dean's award, a Colgate student must achieve a minumum 3.30 average while enrolled in at least four courses.
- A member of the Colgate class of 2016, Jake Lightman, of Easton, is a graduate of Joel Barlow High School
- A member of the Colgate class of 2016, Samantha Beutler, of Weston, is a graduate of Hopkins School
- A member of the Colgate class of 2013, Jayne Tamboia is a graduate of Joel Barlow High School in Redding, CT.
To qualify for the dean's list, full-time undergraduate students must earn a minimum grade point average of 3.6 with no grade below a "B" in that semester.
Inclusion on Hartwick's dean list is an indication of excellent academic work, including the completion of a full course load with at least a 3.5 grade point average based on a 4.0 scale.
Foley is majoring in political science and anthropology.
Weston resident, Daniel Parrett graduated with a bachelor of business administraton degree in finance from James Madison University during the December 2012 commencement exercises. He was also named to the president's list for the Fall 2012 semester.
Richard P. Tompkins III, of Redding, is participating in St. Lawrence University's International Study Program for the spring 2013 semester. Tompkins III, a member of the class of 2014 at St. Lawrence, is studying in London. Tompkins III graduated from Joel Barlow.
The following local residents were among students from Wake Forest University who made the Fall 2012 Dean's List:
- Alexandra Dudley a resident of Redding
- Sarah Steinharter a resident of Weston
The University of Rhode Island is pleased to announce that 4,199 undergraduates have qualified for the Fall 2012 dean's list. The students represent nearly all of Rhode Island's cities and towns, all six New England states, New York and New Jersey, and many other states and nations.
The following local students have been named to URI's Fall 2012 Dean's List:
To be included on the dean's list, students must have completed 12 or more credits during a semester for letter grades with at least a 3.30 quality point average.
Eastern Connecticut State University recently released its dean's list for the fall 2012 semester.
- Full-time student John Bucca, of Weston was named to the Dean's List. Bucca's major is Communication.
- Full-time student Joseph Fortino, of Weston was named to the Dean's List. Fortino's major is Visual Arts.
- Full-time student Christian Gallichio, of Redding, was named to the Dean's List. Gallichio's major is English.
- Full-time student Thomas Honey, of Redding, was named to the Dean's List. Honey's major is History and Social Science.
- Full-time student Victoria LaTronica, of Redding, was named to the Dean's List. LaTronica's major is Social Work.