The Historical Society of Easton proudly offers a special program celebrating the 250th Anniversary of Easton’s Congregational Church formation on Saturday October 13th 2012 beginning at 2 PM. Jonathan Stock, Church Historian of the Congregational Church of Easton will share his thoughtful insights from examining 168 years of the town’s parish history spanning from 1762 through 1930.
He has diligently converted the three volume series of parish records transitioning from handwritten to typescripts and now into an electronic format that will allow anyone easy access to historical records held by the Congregational Church. During his lecture, Jonathan will demonstrate the advantages of full-text searching and how these advantages translate into a better understanding of the major events that shaped both our town and parish history. The lecture is sure to engage the amateur genealogist in all of us.
The lecture will be held at the Old Academy Building (constructed 1795), the oldest public building in Easton across from the Congregational Church, 336 Westport Road, starting at 2 PM. The program will conclude at 2:45 with a 15 minute walking tour of both the Old Academy Building and Church Sanctuary immediately following the lecture.