Parents interested in Weston school security are invited to attend an informational session on the subject scheduled for April 1.
In a letter to Weston families, , announced the date and time of the session, which she told parents would take place following the lockdown at Weston High School last week.
"I look forward to your participation in this important discussion on the security of our district and the safety of your children," Palmer wrote in the letter. "There is nothing that we take more seriously than the responsibility of keeping your children safe and secure while you entrust them to our care."
According to the letter, topics to be discussed include:
- What has changed in our district security since events in Newtown?
- What are future changes that we can anticipate?
- What is the role of district security monitors?
- How does the Wilton Police Department support the security of the district?
- Debrief on the lockdown of last week – what were the key takeaways?
- How can parents and the greater community help us keep our district safe?
- How we can manage new levels of security, but not lose our Weston identity?
The session is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. on Monday, April 1 in the auditorium at Weston High School. A question and answer session will follow the security update.