"updated at 10:20 a.m.
- Approximately 80% of all homes/businesses are without power. CL&P is aware of this.
- The Police Department has notified CL&P of all downed wires, etc... which we have located or which have been called in to Dispatch. We will continue to update CL&P.
- The Redding Highway Department is fully staffed and is clearing what they can at this point. They can NOT touch any tree which is on or in close proximity to any power line. They are also unable to reach many trees as they can not navigate past downed wires.
- The 3 Redding Fire Departments are staffed but are responding to Life-Safety Emergencies ONLY at this time.
- The following are major road closures (these are only the major closures):
- RT 58 near the Bethel line (flooded)
- RT 58 near Putnam Hill
- RT 58 near Packer Brook
- RT 107 near Redding Elementary School
- RT 107 between Cross Highway and RT 53
- Newtown Turnpike near RT 53
- RT 53 near the Middle School (flooded)
- Umpawaug Rd in the area of Diamond Hill and Station Rd (virtually the entire road)
- Sidecut Road near W Redding center
- Picketts Ridge Rd
- Poverty Hollow Rd near the Newtown Line
- Dayton Road
- Simpaug Turnpike
- Diamond Hill Rd (trees and flooding)
- Great Pasture Rd (flooded)
This is ONLY a partial list. It is unsafe to travel anywhere at this time.
The Emergency Operations Center is open and we are working with CL&P and the Highway Departments to make restorations and open roads as quickly as is possible. Until the significant winds have ceased, CL&P will not be dispatching their crews as it is not safe to do so."
"Office of Emergency Management Code Red
Date Posted on Town's Website: 8-28-11
This is the Town of Weston Office of Emergency Management with a Code Red update. The strongest wave of Hurricane Irene is approaching rapidly. As of 9:15 a.m. 57% of the homes in the Weston are without power and the roads are impassable. Due to the rapidly deteriorating conditions, the Town of Weston is enacting a mandatory, shelter in place order. Do not travel within the town until the order is lifted. When the storm passes and the road conditions allow for safe passage the town will notify you through Code Red and any available mass media. Please be advised that we are also experiencing problems with Internet service and may not be able to update the town website as frequently. Thank you for your patience and cooperation."
Easton has not updated any of its websites.