EASTON - A Rocky Ridge Road resident tried to burn a portion of his Christmas tree in his fireplace at around 11:30 Sunday morning when it flared up, went up the hearth and a large wreath caught fire, according to police.
The homeowner managed to putout the fire with an extinguisher, but firefighters were called before it was out police said.
According to the report, firefighters determined there was no structure fire, but found a large amount of soot in the kitchen and smoke damage to the walls and ceiling.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something