Please make sure to stop by Sport Hill Farm when you see something you like that is in season. We are not a supermarket that has everything all the time. We are "real time" farmers so things come and go: "Here today, gone tomorrow."
Growing this week:
• Sport Hill's: The last of the escarole for a few weeks; lettuce varieties; kale; collards (make delicious wraps); swiss chard; baby cucumbers; yellow squash (the first early set); radishes; beets; mustard greens; spicy lettuce mix.
• Red Jacket Farms: The last of the strawberries will arrive Thursday am, when they are out, they are out. Last chance for Rhubarb; First of sweet cherries of the season!
• CT Dairy (Thursday afternoons): Arethusa Milk; yogurt; cheeses
• Fairfield Bread Company: Available Every day! Fresh flaxseed baguette & sandwich loaves
• Health in a Hurry: (Thursday PM) Fairfield based company, Owner Sue Cadwell delivers her delicious grab & go treats just in time for your weekend! Featuring Sport Hill produce.
Check out Health in a Hurry website: http://www.healthinahurry.net/
• Mountain Products Smokehouse: (Friday PM delivery) Nitrate free bacon & sausages
• Tues. June 26th: Creative Cooking LLC will be here on the farm holding a summer cooking class using locally sourced produce. Come with a friend. Check out their website and make sure to RSVP : http://www.creativecookingllc.com/#!home/mainPage
• Sat. July 14th: A Canning & preserving class featuring author Sherri Brooks Vinton will be on the farm to show you just how easy it is to can and preserve 2012 seasonal harvests.A seasonal lunch will also be served. A fun day. You can purchase tickets online at: