1. Hops & Grapes, Toasts & Tastes, Stepping Stones Museum for Children, Norwalk, Apr. 8 from 7 to 10 p.m. The seconnd annual food, wine, and beer tasting supports the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Cost is $125 for 2 tickets, $75 for one.
2. Kite-making Day at Earthplace, Westport, Apr. 9, 2:30 p.m. Included with the regular admission fee, children as young as 3 are encouraged to make and decorate their own kites. Fees are $5 for children through age 12 and seniors, $7 for adults.
3. Safe Boating Course at the Maritime Aquarium, Apr. 16 from 9 to 5 p.m. Earn your state-sanctioned safety certificate, a requirement for anyone wishing to operate a boat exceeding 19.5 feet in length. Fee is $85 per person.
4. Easter Eve performance of Faure's Requiem, Stanwich Congregational Church, Greenwich, Apr. 23 at 3 p.m. Randall Atcheson conducts the church's choir and orchestra, in addition to Denise LeVan, Wiley Maddox and Wendy Gerbier. Reception following performance. Freewill offering. Call 203-661-4420 for information.
5. Vacation camps held during the week beginning Apr. 17: the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk, the Stamford Museum and Nature Center, and the New Canaan Nature Center are offering week-long camps to keep your school-age child engaged and entertained. Prices and times vary.