Do you need a little spice in your life? I certainly do!
Dr. Mercola counts down the 10 most powerful spices you may already have in your kitchen that can fight aging and prevent disease. He suggests you incorporate a variety of these spices into your daily meals to maximize your benefit – consuming just 1 teaspoon a day of any of these herbs and spices can have a positive effect on your health.
Here's to spicing up my life!
10. Protect Your Skin Cells: Italian Spice
9. Heal From Infections Faster: Thyme
8. Fight Inflammation: Sage
7. Improve Digestion and Sleep: Marjoram
6. Immunity Booster: Oregano
5. Keep Your Heart Young: Apple Pie Spice
4. Stimulate Digestive Juices: Jamaican Allspice
3. Relieve Stiffness Due to Arthritis: Cinnamon
2. Fight Just About Everything: Cloves
Cancer and Alzheimer’s: Turmeric
Now, if I can only find a recipe that contains all these spices....hmmm. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!
Top Ten List from the Dr. Oz show February