La Roue Elayne——is gearing up for summer with a variety of tasty menu items and live music three nights a week.
Elayne Cassara, one of the restaurant's proprietors, recently spoke to Patch about the new dining spot's opening weekend.
"Our opening weekend was spectacular," Cassara said, adding the restaurant had a "packed house" for the band Original Sin on that Saturday night, "followed by over 200 patrons dining with us for Mother's Day overlooking our stunning falls."
Cassara said the restaurant plans to have live music Thursday through Saturday throughout the summer.
Interested in news, events, community bulletins, blogs and businesses in Weston, Redding or Easton? Sign up for the free Weston-Redding-Easton Patch daily newsletter, "like" us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
The music ranges "from acoustic dining music to full our dance party bands," she said.
This Saturday, Where's Jimmy, "a classic rock and motown dance party band," Cassara said, will perform at 9 p.m. in the Lakeroom, overlooking the river.
- Moules and Frites: Pei mussels, steamed in garlic butter, crispy potato frites, fresh tarragon aioli
- Beef Quesadilla: Comine & fresh lime marinated beef seared w/ fresh leeks, vadalias and peppers, cilantro creme fraiche in a crispy tortilla.
Stone hearth baked pizzas:
- Rhode Island Clams marinated w/ olive oil, garlic parsley, crushed red pepper flake & dusted w/ Parmesan
- Broccoli Rabe & Italian sausage, Roasted Peppers w/ fresh ricotta cheese
- Lobster Mac & Cheese: Cavatappi Pasta w/ smoked Mozzarella, cheddar, fontina & fresh Ricotta cheeses finished w/ focaccia bread crumbs & white truffle cheese
- Alaskan Codfish Filet: pan-seared over polenta & broccoli rabe w/ putanesca sauceBacon Wrapped Filet of
- Beef Tenderloin: grilled and served with sweet corn puree, sauteed spinach, lobster meat & Morei mushrooms
- Linzertorte w/ coconut gelato
- Banana cake topped with Banana's Foster Rum sauce over banana gelato